Wondering how much toothpaste you should use on your child's toothbrush? Dr Ramya Joshua, Naperville dentist, recommends that you use toothpaste that is about the size of a pea on a child's toothbrush for children 3 - 6 years of age and the size of kernel of rice for children younger than 3 years of age.
She also recommends supervising your child when they are brushing their teeth.
- Schedule time to brush their teeth. We recommend that children brush twice a day.
- Place the right amount of toothpaste on your child's toothbrush.
- Help guide the toothbrush in your child's mouth to help them develop good techniques.
- Encourage children to brush for 2 minutes. 1 minute on the top teeth and one minute on the bottom teeth.
- Do not allow a child to eat toothpaste. Always supervise your child and keep the toothpaste beyond their reach.
If you have questions about brushing with your child, call Diehl Family Dental. We are happy to schedule your FREE consultation!